- Fish Fillets
- I have never liked the fillet of fish at any fast food joint but I loved this recipe and had to share!
- 3/4 pound white fish (such as grouper or cod)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup crumbs from wheat crackers (such as
- Wheatsworth), preferably low-sodium and low-fat, ground in a food processor or crushed with a rolling pin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cut the filets into 4 squares, each about 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches, rinse them, and dry well.
- In a small bowl, add the flour. Pour the buttermilk in another small bowl. Combine the wheat cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and fresh parsley in a medium, shallow bowl and blend well with a whisk.
- Dip each fish square into the flour, then the buttermilk, then the cracker crumb mixture. Set the pieces aside and heat a medium nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil in the frying pan, then place in all 4 fish squares. Fry the fish until the bottoms are golden brown (about 4 minutes), then flip over the fish to brown the other side (about 3 minutes more). If you’re making sandwiches, turn off the heat, lay the cheese slices over the hot fish squares, and cover the pan for a minute to melt the cheese.
Don’t Just Be Fit, Be Gamer Fit
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!