Platform: Web/Flash (No Plug-ins, No Downloads)
Release Date: Day-and-date with the film: March 4th, 2011
Genre: Multiplayer Social World
# of Players: 5,000 concurrent users per realm
GamerFitNation got the chance to take a private tour of Rango: The World and I have to say, it was a delightful experience. Quite a few companies have started venturing into the free PC gaming market such as Free Realms and Fusion Fall. This game takes a unique turn by allowing fans of the movie to venture into the world of Rango. You become a resident of the town of dirt, there you can create your own avatar, join their friends, and explore the world of the film. You and other players will journey with quests provided by Rango himself and a few of your follow Dirt residents.
Rando “Howdy Partner? Here’s your next mission”
- Journey beyond the film – Interact with the characters from the film as they send you on missions directed by the creators of the film. This rang very true, I found myself doing short missions allowing me to get the layout of the world. Some missions will involve competitive mini games with leader boards and all. Completing missions and mini games will help you level up furthering the desire to engage the world.
I know I’m a lizard but I’m as Sssslick as a snake.
- Customize Your Character – Choose from thousands of combinations of colors and features, name your lizard and then unlock hundreds of new clothing options as you explore the world. This is an awesome feature. I ended up rocking out a purple Mohawk, cool threads and leather cowboy boots. You can also customize your very own room and make it interactive. A developer stated that he was able to create a fully functional chess board, now that’s a real custom job.
Every trail blazer needs a journal to track there progress
- Logging in your adventure — It’s only natural to keep a log of your journey, as well as all the items you’ve collected. Navigation is easy, all you have to do is follow the arrows in the direction you want to go. If you want to get to a destination quickly there’s a quick journey mode where you can simply choose the location you wish to skip to.
Dude, Your here too?! Yup, this world is freaking Sweet!
- Authentic Visuals – Rango: The World incorporates characters and assets built by the movie’s animators. Cutting edge technology bring these characters and objects to life on the web, creating one of the best looking social worlds ever revealed.
With Rango by your side you’ll become a great deputy
- Kid-Safe – Rango: The World is fully COPPA compliant and monitored by an experienced staff to create a safe online environment for all ages
- Free Forever – Play for free as long as you want with premium options available for subscribers ($6.99/month for subscription)
Overall, Rango: The World is a cool experience that’s kid friendly and free to play. Whether you’ve seen the film or not, I suggestion you make an account right away and get playing.
Don’t Just Be Fit, Be Gamer Fit
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!