GamerFitNation Suggestion Sunday
This is something that will sneak up on you if you don’t pay attention. There are many tips to help with portion control. The basic items to compare your portions to are:
- A deck of playing cards = one serving (three ounces) of meat, poultry, or fish
- Half a baseball = one serving (one-half cup) of fruit, vegetables, pasta, or rice.
- Your thumb = one serving (one ounce) of cheese.
- A small hand holding a tennis ball = one serving (one cup) of yogurt or chopped fresh greens
- Get a doggie bag for half of your meal.
- Avoid eating in front of the TV or while busy with other activities. Pay attention to what you are eating and fully enjoy the smell and taste of your foods.
- Split a meal or dessert with a friend at a restaurant.
- Eat slowly so your brain can get the message that your stomach is full.
- Ask for salad dressing, butter, and sauces on the side so you can control how much you use.
- Take seconds of vegetables or salads instead of higher-fat, higher-calorie parts of a meal such as meats or desserts.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Eat three smaller meals with two light snacks between meals.
- Break down leftovers
Don’t Just Be Fit, Be Gamer Fit
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!