Pumpkin Raspberry Buckwheat Bake
Gluten free, Dairy free, Refined sugar free, Yeast free, Corn free
Pumpkin spice, raspberries, and walnuts baked into a fiber filled buckwheat breakfast cake.
Adapted from: Edible Perspective
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat flour [ground in a blender from raw groats]
- 1 tbsp raw buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a 4-5? oven safe dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients. Once incorporated, mix in dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into greased dish + even out.
- Bake for 35min-40min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. [Mine took 40 minutes].
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the dish and chowing down!
Optional toppings: almonds, coconut butter, raspberry puree, bananas
Makes 1 cake.
Recipes provided by: Leanne Vogel, healthfulpursuit.com.
Don’t Just Be Fit, Be Gamer Fit
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!