Caramel Apple Doughnuts
Caramel apple in doughnut form. zomg.
Yield: 12 doughnuts
• 1/2 cup of coconut flour
• 1/4 cup finely ground blanched almond flour
• 1/4 tsp Himalayan rock salt
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 6 free range eggs
• 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• 1 batch of dairy-free caramel topping (below)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and oil a doughnut pan with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside
2. Place all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
4. Add dry to wet and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken up.
5. Place the batter in a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening.
6. Fill each cavity 3/4 to the top.
7. Place in the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before grabbing the pan with an oven mitt and tipping over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) before adding caramel topping.
View nutrition facts
Recipes Provided By Our Partners at HealthfulPursuit.com