Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced in a recent press release that Bullet Run, their, free-to-play, first-person shooter (FPS) game, has completed open beta testing and is now live for PC. Bullet Run was developed by ACONY Games, and brings unique levels of immersion and character progression together with elements of the FPS genre. Also, AAA gunplay coupled with action-oriented twitch gameplay and special in-game skills provide players with more in-depth strategic gaming experience.
“We are excited to finally bring this highly-anticipated game to our players,” said Christopher Sturr, executive director of business development and corporate strategy, Sony Online Entertainment, according to the press release. “Bullet Run is a proof point that our goal at SOE continues to be to bring top-tier quality interactive experiences to players of all ages through our diverse portfolio of free-to-play online games. We are confident players will enjoy Bullet Run’s high energy persistent combat experience and can’t wait to hear their feedback.”
In the press release, Jan-Eric Lauble, creative director at ACONY Games, added, “We have watched this game grow from an idea to a complete experience. The level of detail we put in the game — from the competitive gunplay features to the unique storyline — will offer players an experience they have yet to find in the FPS world. We are all incredibly proud of the work the team has done and look forward to offering players more options and exciting new features in regular updates to the game going forward.”
Bullet Run is a unique experience that pits against each other in a reality TV show setting. Points are not just based on kills; “contestants” need style and attitude, along with hair trigger and cat-like reflexes to gain fame. Bullet Run features six Synth Arenas and is focused on character and weapon advancement and progression. It is through the player’s showmanship that they gain the opportunity to unlock and/or purchase new weapons, attachments and modifications for their weapons, wardrobe changes, and accessories, among other things. There are thousands of different combinations for customization of characters.
According to the press release, here is a list of some of the key features of the game:
* FPS Meets Free-To-Play – Free for download for the PC. Additional content is available for purchase in the in-game marketplace.
* Reality TV Game Show Storyline – Players will have to fight for stardom or settle for 15 minutes of fame. Cameras and commentators capture all the intense FPS action, where style and showmanship earn “Heat” and fame on the road to stardom.
* Eight Kill Skills – Unique abilities can be trained and unleashed during combat. Each brings in cutting-edge technology for players to use in their match and are unlocked as contestants earn Heat. These include damage heals, berserker mode, enemy-trapping robots, aerial ammo attacks, devastating mini-gun action and more.
* Active Reload – Bullet Run moves fast, and your guns need to load even faster. The game offers an Active Reload feature. When you hit ‘reload,’ a circular interface appears. If you hit it just right, your weapon loads much faster. But be precise, if you don’t hit the mark, your gun will jam.
* Six Killer Arenas – A thrilling assortment of game maps for players to explore and dominate including industrial landscapes, desert wastelands, and more.
* Fast-Paced Multiplayer Combat – Up to 20 contestants can battle on each episode in one of two game modes: Team Deathmatch or Dominion.
* Character Stylization – Players have access to hundreds of ‘vanity’ items to customize their characters and style, earning boosts and experience points in the in-game Style system.
* Weapon of Choice – Thousands of potential combinations per weapon from silencers and muzzle brakes to scopes, stocks and more allow players to fine-tune their weapon to match their game play preferences. Additionally, weapons decals and paintjobs will provide players true personalization.
* Bring on the Heat – In-game progression is rewarded through exciting play; the more Heat, the more fans. The more fans, the more players level up their Fame. Taunt, slay and humiliate opponents, increasing Heat and unlocking new skills and weapons.
* Character Progression – Gain access to unique items and weapons as your character advances to new levels of fame (experience); you can also earn in-game currency to help improve and learn new skills.
* Killer Community – Add friends, join them in matches, and chat privately via the ComCenter.
* Additional Features – Nemesis System to identify the contestant constantly blocking your path to stardom; Taunt System with custom animations to help pump up the crowd; Quickplay option; and more.
Bullet Run is rated “T” for Teen, and can be downloaded for free here.