In a recent press release, Reverb Publishing announced today that one of the titles it has place in Valve’s newly launched Steam Greenlight program, Edge of Space, has broken into the top 50 most popular games on the site. With positive community support, the sandbox survival game has shot up in popularity, just three weeks after it was released on Steam Greenlight.
Kickerstarter successfully funded handyman Studios’ Edge of Space. The game is an exploration, crafting, building, terraforming, and survival game. Players are placed in an open-world sandbox and must survive the dark (yet interesting) universe by molding and creating.
“From the onset, the success of Edge of Space has been the result of the heartfelt support from the indie community,” said Jake Crane, HandyMan Studios CEO, in the press release. “The positive response on Greenlight is just a continuation of the community support we’ve received since the game’s inception. As a living game, we will continue to work with the community to evolve features, weapons and creatures to enhance the reactive experience, making game-play more interactive and fast-paced.”
According to the press release, key features include:
* An open-world, dynamically generated sandbox: A different environment created with every world creation.
* Reactive environment: Events, terraforming, and other activities will cause the world to change and respond.
* Exciting multiplayer gameplay built from the ground up: From day one, the game has been built with the framework of multiplayer to ensure playing with your friends is not a frustrating experience.
* Fast-paced combat and intense action: You’ll do more than just sit, jump, and shoot stuff! Dodging, healing, flying, setting traps, and thinking quick on your feet will keep you alive.
* Vaulted server-stored characters and open servers that allow you to bring in characters: One of the great multiplayer support options offered.
* Deep exploration elements: Seek out rare recipes, find lost technology, and change the world to suit your needs with the ultimate goal to dominate it.
* Vehicles, including mechs and more: Travel or death machine? You will choose vehicles that best suit your needs as you tackle the challenges ahead.
Steam Greenlight is a new website that allows the PC gaming community to review and vote for the games they are most interested in playing. On September 11, the first 10 games were accepted, and on October 15, the next 10 will be accepted. For Edge of Space to be accepted it must be in the top 10 by that date.