Inspired by the summer, I decided to make my own version of skewers incorporating pork meatballs seasoned with salt, pepper and fresh parsley, stuffed with mozzarella cheese. I paired the meatballs with several vegetables like three kinds of bell peppers, white mushrooms, and zucchini, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. Winter’s coming but that doesn’t mean you have to leave delicious summer foods behind. Have at these Pork Meatball Skewers.
2/3c Italian breadcrumbs
2/3c chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
½ red bell pepper
½ orange bell pepper
½ green bell pepper
4-5 white mushrooms
2 string cheese mozzarella
5 skewer sticks
The Ingredients: Pork & Fresh Parsley.
The Ingredients: Chopped.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, season the pork with salt and pepper, when done add the parsley.
- In a small bowl, beat the two eggs and slowly add them to the pork, along with the breadcrumbs.
- Take the string cheese and cut them into small pieces (small enough to fit inside the meatball).
- Take a baking sheet and cover with non-stick spray.
- Start making the meatballs by grabbing a small amount, putting a small piece of cheese inside and rolling it into a ball. (This should make about 15 meatballs.)
- When done place all the meatballs in the baking sheet and bake for 35-40min on 350ºF.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cut up the peppers, mushrooms and zucchini into big pieces and throw on a very hot skillet.
- Sauté for a few minutes and set aside on a large bowl.
- When the meatballs are done, you can start preparing your skewers in whichever order you prefer.
- Plate and serve.
Servings: 5 skewers (3 meatballs each)
Pork Meatball Skewers.
Nutrition Facts: (per skewer)
- 697 Calories
- 36g Carbs
- 42g Protein
- 42g Fat
- 7g Fiber
- 263mg Calcium
- 6mg Iron
- 1.2 g Sodium
- 277µg Vitamin A
- 131mg Vitamin C
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!