It’s back, that time of the year where you just can’t seem to get your hands off all the holiday goodies like turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, creamy mashed potatoes, etc. The after math of all of these meals, the holiday extras, is the same for many people. You stuff yourself with all the holiday goodies and later crash for hours, which in the long run makes you gain weight. This “eat and sleep” activity continues throughout all the holidays, and the difference from the rest of the year is the calorie-dense meals that these holiday foods contain. In most cases, people tend to gain a few extra pounds because of reckless eating throughout the holidays. This can be prevented without having to sacrifice your delicious meals. Here are a few tips on how to stay lean:
- Drink Water: In most cases people confuse hunger with water, so drinking a lot of water will prevent you from overeating.
- Stay Active: Try to have a simple exercise routine, even if it’s only 15 minutes per day. It’s important to keep that metabolism running. If you’re not into exercise routines, try an alternative approach like playing some sports or walking the dog.
- Control Portions: Try not to serve so much on your plate, keep it simple and small, because these meals tend to be very calorie dense.
- Wait Between Meals: While controlling your portions don’t deprive yourself of these amazing foods. Have a little bit of everything, just not a lot and at the same time. Waiting between meals will prevent crashing and also help keep your metabolism awake.
- Don’t Overeat: Besides making you crash, this action will make your metabolism slow down, causing you to store fat therefore it’ll make you gain weight.
Leave your comments below and add to this discussion. Like what you saw, follow us on Twitter @GamerFitNation, like us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ GamerFitNation!