Available in the US on September 21, 2010, PlayStation®Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation®Move motion controller, PlayStation®Eye camera ?and PlayStation®Move navigation controller, PlayStation Move enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on the PS3 system.
The corner stone of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy to use button interface. Equipped with three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, PlayStation Move motion controller tracks the precise movements and the angle of the controller while the PlayStation Eye detects the absolute position of the controller in 3D space. Highly sensitive movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player is within the game.
• KEY FEATURES:
o Works with required PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position and movement
o Includes action buttons of DUALSHOCK®3 and SIXAXIS® wireless controller for direct input
o Sleek and Wireless
o Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
o Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements
o Color of the sphere’s light provides visual feedback during gameplay
o Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions
o Bluetooth® technology supports wireless gaming
o Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system
o Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A – Mini-B)
As an integral part of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye camera is designed specifically to work with the next generation of PlayStation Move gaming titles being developed for the PS3 system. When used with PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye camera precisely tracks a user’s movement and the motion controller’s sphere to help bring every move into the game. In addition, PlayStation Eye camera captures a player’s voice or image and when combined together with PlayStation Move games, will bring a whole new entertainment experience to the user only possible on the PlayStation® platform.
• KEY FEAURES:
- Engineered to perform in low-light conditions so that the rooms do not have to be lit brightly for the camera to deliver crisp, exposed video
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options
- At 60 frames per second, captures a sharp, clear picture at 640 x 480 resolutions
- Frame rate of up to 120 frames per second for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness
- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition
PlayStation Move navigation controller is a supplementary controller, developed to further expand the experience that PlayStation Move games can offer. It can be used in most PlayStation Move games that require navigating an in-game character as it replicates the control features of the left side of DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller into one’s PlayStation Move experience. PlayStation Move navigation controller adds an analog stick, directional buttons and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move’s control scheme. In addition, the navigation controller contains the L1 button, L2 button and L3 button for actions and commands common in advanced gaming.
• KEY FEAURES:
- Wireless control completely untethered from PlayStation Move motion controller
- Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
- Easy and intuitive XMB™ menu navigation
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A – Mini-B)
- Sleek curved body design that easily pairs with the motion controller
Note: DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller can be used in place of the navigation controller for all games that are compatible with the navigation controller
The PlayStation Move Charging Station ensures that the users’ controllers are always powered and ready to use. The station can charge up to two PlayStation Move controllers — motion controller or the navigation controller — at once without having to connect them to the PS3 system.
• KEY FEAURES:
- Sleek, stream-lined design ensures the Charging Station matches your PS3
- Can charge motion controllers while PS3 is off
- Can charge 2 motion controllers at the same time
An add-on to the motion controller that allows players to hold it like a gun, the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment leverages the PS3 system’s new motion-based gameplay to create one of the most immersive first person shooting experience on any gaming system to date. The trigger on the attachment is interlocked with the motion controller T button and will enable users to intuitively play the game. The Shooting Attachment is not only limited to shooting games, but also on games that may require precise button input and control.
• KEY FEAURES:
- Designed specifically to match the Move motion controller shape and design
- Enhances and creates immersive gameplay through more precise control
PRICING AND AVAILABLILITY:
Available in North America on September, 21, 2010 respectively. PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment will launch this fall.
• PlayStation Move Motion Controller – $49.99 (MSRP)
• PlayStation Eye Camera – $39.99 (MSRP)
• PlayStation Move navigation controller – $29.99 (MSRP)
• PlayStation Move Charging Station – $29.99 (MSRP)
• PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment – $19.99 (MSRP)
- Includes PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye, Sports Champions Blu-ray game, and PlayStation Move game demo disc
• PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle – $399.99 (MSRP)
- Includes PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc